Selling your home is a big decision. A decision we at Black Bear Realty know you don’t take lightly. We are here to help guide you through the selling process from start to finish.
There are various reasons for selling your home; downsizing, upsizing, life changes, and so many more.
When selling a home, the first thing on most seller’s mind is, how much is my home worth? That is an excellent question. At Black Bear Realty we will work to price your home based on market facts, local comparables and what makes sense for you the seller. Black Bear Realty’s owner is also a Licensed Real Estate Appraiser. Even though he it is not allowed to conduct a full appraisal on your home, his experiences helps us determine your home values using full market consideration.
The next step of the process is to get your home ready for prospective buyers. We will always do a walk through with you and help you stage your home and become acquainted with what makes your home special. As we walk through your home, we may create a small list of improvements (removing certain furniture, some minor paint touch up), to help you sell your house for the highest value possible. We have a preferred vendors list to assist you with improvements that you may need to make. Once your house is ready, a professional photographer with take high quality photos and Black Bear will start marketing your home to prospective buyers.
Black Bear’s marketing plans include the following at a minimum:
- Staging your home which helps to create an inviting and welcoming feeling.
- Professional photos that will captivate potential buyers looking for a home just like yours.
- Professional signage to let friends, neighbors, and passersby know that your home is ready for purchase.
- Marketing on MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com and many other sites. Not all buyers look for homes the same way and we want to be sure that every potential buyer sees your home.
- Advertising on Social Media. Maine is a wonderful place to live, and we want to make sure that we advertise to potential buyers both in and out of state. Social Media ads target buyers throughout New England.
- Conducting an open house. We want as many potential buyers as possible to see your home and during the open house we can meet and market your house to many potential buyers.
- Follow up with every Broker/Agent who has seen your home. If there is even the smallest interest, we want to change that interest into a potential purchaser for your home and our goal is to have the most offers possible for your home. We don’t want to just sell your home in a day, we want to sell your home for the highest price possible!
Once an offer has been made on your home, we will work hard to negotiate the best contract possible, no matter what the market is (Buyer or Seller market).
At the end of the day Black Bear Realty has full fiduciary responsibility to you and we want to make sure when we are at the closing table, you have had the best-selling experience possible.
If you also need to buy a home when you sell your please look at our buyer section!